What to read first
We have a simple approach to data protection and privacy which adheres to the 13 Australian Privacy Principles.
Our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act):
We collect your personal information so that we can provide you with the products, services or information that we supply. Sometimes we collect personal information from a third party or from a publicly available source, but only if you have consented to your information being used in this way, or would reasonably expect us to collect it in this way. We only collect this information from companies or sources that are allowed to disclose it to us. Below you will find a breakdown of the different ways your personal information is collected.
What we collect from you
User contact forms
When you fill out a contact form wishing to get in touch with us, we will collect that information and use it to get in touch with you in response to your query. We may use the information to reach out to you to inform you of some of the services we provide, provided it is in line with your original query.
When you sign up with us and create a login with us
When you sign up to our website using your personal details, we will collect this personal information so that your user preferences are stored when you come back and login.
If you wish to make use of the RSS service at https://cocorico.com.au, you will need a piece of software known as an RSS Reader or Aggregator. This automatically gathers RSS feeds from all of your selected online publications, and makes them available to you on your desktop so that as new items are published, you will be automatically alerted of new content on our website.
There are many RSS readers available online, however please note we cannot recommend a specific RSS reader and cannot provide support in the use of RSS readers; you download and install them at your own risk.
All payments are made securely through Stripe
If you contact us for any technical, product or other website related support, we may retain that information on record so as to process your request as well as for training purposes. Such information may include the transcript, emails or other information which was relayed by you and CocoricoWORLD throughout the support request process.
What we collect from your online activity
- Site performance indicators: these give us information on how our websites are used, so that we can make the necessary improvements or amendments to make your experience a better one.
- Analytics Cookies: these give us the statistics to understand how many people are on our website, which areas are popular and which areas we need to work on.
- Advertising Cookies: we use these cookies to understand what type of advertising would be better suited to someone like you. That way, you would receive ads that are more likely to be relevant to you.
What we collect and receive from others
When it comes to direct marketing, no one likes being spammed. At CocoricoWORLD, we may use your personal information to send you advertising that is customised to your interests, characteristics or general location.
Opt-out: As with all direct marketing correspondence that you receive from us via email, there is always an unsubscribe button or link located at the bottom of the email. With this you can manage which messages you receive from us.
Use and Disclosure
We only use personal information for the purpose which was requested of us, or for the purposes which directly relate to one of our functions or activities. We will not provide your personal information to other entities or bodies, or any other party unless one of the following applies (as per and in line with APP 6 - use and disclosure of personal information):
- You have consented.
- You would reasonably expect, or have been informed, that information of such kind would be passed on to those individuals, entities or bodies (for more information, see subclause 6.2).
- It is otherwise required or authorised by law, or reasonably necessary for the enforcement of a criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
- It may prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody's life or health.
Quality of Personal Information
When no longer required or requested by you, all personal information is destroyed in a secure manner.
Access and Correction
If you are not satisfied with the process of making a complaint to our Privacy Officer you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner on the details below:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Fax: 02 9284 9666
How to Contact Us
We understand that your personal information is important to you and are thrilled that you made it this far! If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or our practices you can get in touch with us in the following ways:
Address: CocoricoWORLD, PO Box 9323, Wyoming, NSW 2250